The Warehouse Associate is a vital part of our commitment to excellent customer service and sales. We have a great team of employees in this family run business with a focus on superior customer service for the past 97 years.
They are responsible for checking incoming merchandise against invoices to identify shortages, damaged goods, and backorders and processing special orders. He or she must make sure the warehouse and check-in areas are neat, clean, and orderly. He or she must assist with the unloading of the heavy merchandise from a variety of suppliers. This person must have the ability to read invoices, bill of lading, order-list, etc. The warehouse associate must perform all tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact upon the level of service to customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities in increasing measures:
- Experienced in warehouse organizing, multitasking, order building, receiving systems.
- Communicate effectively with management, employees, and delivery personnel in English.
- Read and comprehend written and printed invoices and produce tags and other materials.
- Use basic computer and mathematical skills to verify orders, invoices, shipping, and packing documents.
- Attention to details, organized, able to receive and respond positively to direction
- Physically fit and able to move merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds from receiving area to warehouse and place it on three levels of warehouse shelving in the warehouse.
- Forklift and receiving delivery trucks experience is required.
- Positive and co-operative attitude in a team atmosphere.
- Displays a good attitude and very friendly to customers.
This position is responsible for the speedy and safe fulfilment of the following:
- Safely unloads truck unloading, and transfer of products to allocated spaces.
- Receive, label, organize and move goods and products in the warehouse.
- Coordinating with multiple departments about goods/products movement.
- Positively assist customers, employees, and sales reps during pick ups and deliveries.
Warehouse Organization and Logistics
- Receive, tag, and store all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies.
- Build orders, wrap products, and organize areas for maximum space efficiency.
- Process damaged and returned claims. Repairs broken packages as needed.
- Advise your supervisor of shortages, damages, backorders, etc.
- Provide storage area for layaways, special orders, customer pick-up and repair items.
- Know the correct location of all products in stock.
- Move merchandise from receiving / warehouse to sales-floor or the reverse.
Paperwork and Data Entry
- Operates computer and scanning tools and enters all relevant coding in Shepherds systems.
- Check of products, hand in paperwork to appropriate places
- Ship returns and completes proper paperwork and reconciles inventory differences.
- Check incoming merchandise against invoices or orders to spot shortages, damaged good, backorders, etc.
- Process special orders for non-stock items Follow company procedures regarding required signatures, forms, receipts, etc.
- Follow proper documentation procedures for merchandise that is to be returned or refused.
Customer and Shepherd’s Team Dynamics
- Provides the Shepherds team with the necessary supporting processes to enhance the overall customer experience in the relevant departments.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely and positive manner.
- Assist the various department staff with delivering and assembling merchandise as required.
- Move heavy and bulky merchandise for customers and for sales personnel.
- Follow all safety precautions when loading and unloading freight
- Make good use of the radio, ask for help, call for back up when needed
Warehouse Housekeeping and Safety
- Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate location of products by all managers, sales associate and other warehouse employees.
- Look after garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Be responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, etc.).
- Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products according to established procedures with WHMIS in mind.
- Sweep, mop, empty trash cans, clean work surfaces and perform any applicable maintenance duties to keep the warehouse area clean and organized.
- Maintain maximum security in warehouse and check-in areas.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Armstrong, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Warehouse Receiving: 3 years (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-01-31